As a stay-at-home mom, I have found that one of the most enjoyable activities I can do with my daughters is to experiment with different hairstyles. It’s a great way to bond with them and also to teach them about self-care and grooming.
I have always loved playing with hair, and now that I have two little girls, I get to indulge that passion even more. From simple braids to intricate updos, we have tried it all. We spend hours poring over Pinterest boards, looking for new ideas and inspiration.
One of the things I love about doing my daughters’ hair is the way it makes them feel. They love the attention and the feeling of being pampered. And when we’re done, they strut around the house like little princesses, showing off their new styles to anyone who will look.
Many people adore the well-known and reliable hair care brand Pantene. They have been in business for many years, and the majority of their customers are white ladies and men.
But, as natural hair becomes more popular, more salon and retail hair care brands, including Pantene, are producing products for people with curly hair. Curly girls begin to question the quality of the new Pantene products as a result.
That’s what this post will focus on; at the conclusion, you’ll know a lot more about Pantene’s new products for curly hair, the positive and negative customer reviews, and more. You can then determine whether they are damaging to your hair.
The majority of Pantene’s products up until recently were exclusively for persons with straight or wavy hair. Pantene’s first hair care products were introduced more than 50 years ago.
Thankfully, circumstances have changed, and hair product producers are finally paying attention to curly hair.
is Pantene good for curly hair?
Your hair will benefit from using Pantene’s Gold Series product. It was developed by scientists who are aware of the special requirements for caring for textured hair. These hair care products will strengthen, moisturize, and nourish your natural curls because they are made for curly to extremely curly hair. Your curls will adore the protecting and reparative elements used in their formulation.
Here are a couple of Pantene’s products for curly hair along with the company’s claims:
Gold Series Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner
Gold Series Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner: Sulfate-free Pantene shampoo is a creamy, rich formula that nourishes hair as it cleans and contains no sodium lauryl or sodium laureth sulfates.
It has glycerin and argan oil infusions to smooth your hair cuticles and give them a silky, glossy appearance. This Pantene shampoo is undoubtedly one of our favorites. Also, the conditioner has fatty alcohols and emollients that coat your hair in moisture and improve the definition of your curls.
Gold Series Repairing Mask
Gold Series Repairing Mask: By halting protein loss, this penetrating mask restores, fortifies, and hydrates your naturally curly hair. All of this is made feasible by its pro-v complex.
Gold Series Curl Awakening Spray
Gold Series Curl Awakening Spray: To give your curls a little extra “oomph” in the morning, use this spray. Your curls will stay looking wonderful all day long because it moisturizes and revitalizes them. You’re ready to go with just a few spritzes and strategically placed scrunches. Castor oil and argan oil are included in the mix for intense hydration.
Gold Series Curl Defining Pudding
Gold Series Curl Defining Pudding: With the help of this non-sticky pudding mixed with argan oil, flyaways may be quickly eliminated, leaving your hair looking flawless. Your hair receives a gentle hold and long-lasting moisture from it.
Gold Series Thermal Heat Protector
Gold Series Thermal Heat Protector: This heat protectant is a lifesaver for any curly girl who occasionally wants to heat style her hair. It shields curls from heat up to 450 degrees, allowing you to heat style your hair without fear of heat damage.
Pantene Gold Series Leave-In Detangling Milk
Pantene Gold Series Leave-In Detangling Milk: This lotion is designed to make your hair smooth and soft so that detangling will be less difficult. Your hair is also hydrated and ready for style afterward.
Pantene Gold Series Intense Hydrating Oil
Pantene Gold Series Intense Hydrating Oil: This oil is designed to fortify your hair and shield it from harm on all sides. This hair-enhancing oil, which is made with natural components like argan oil, will give your hair a moisturized, soft look and feel.
Pantene Product Ingredients
Even Pantene products for curly hair contain both positive and negative components. To help you decide whether the goods are worthwhile to try, below is an ingredient analysis.
The Good Ingredients
Let’s start off with the good ingredients present in Pantene’s Gold Series products:
- Pro-vitamin B5 – Since 1945, Pantene products have had this distinctive component. Your hair becomes softer, shinier, smoother, and stronger as a result of vitamin B5 nourishing it from the inside out. It’s present in most Pantene Gold Series products, which is a significant benefit!
- Glycerin – It is a component generated from vegetable oil that pulls moisture from the atmosphere outside into your hair. Given that type 3 or type 4 curly hair is prone to dryness, this is crucial information for them. Glycerin can be found in Pantene products like the Moisture Boost conditioner and Curl Awakening Spray.
- Emollients – Emollients that offer moisture, manageability, and strength to the hair include panthenol, argan oil, and castor oil. Nearly every Gold Series curly hair product from Pantene contains ingredients similar to these.
Each of these components helps to maintain your hair lustrous, frizz-free, defined, and healthy. In addition to these fantastic components, the majority of Pantene’s Gold Series hair products are dye-, paraben-, and sulfate-free.
The Bad Ingredients
Also, the substances in Pantene curly hair products have the potential to harm your hair or general health. Among them are:
- Dimethicone – This silicone has a bit of a negative rep among people who wear natural hair. It causes tenacious buildup that leaves your hair covered and challenging to moisturize. Hair fragility and even breaking might result from using dimethicone-containing products over an extended period of time. Regrettably, this component can be found in both the Curly Pudding and the Detangling Milk.
- Artificial Fragrances – As producers are not compelled to disclose the materials used to generate any particular fragrance, fragrances are typically not advised. Almost all Gold Series products from Pantene contain synthetic scents.
- Parabens – It has been suggested that parabens are irritating carcinogens. Because of this, many people avoid them in their haircare regimen. Even though the majority of the Gold Series products are paraben-free, the Leave-in Detangling Milk contains them.
- Preservatives – It is well known that certain preservatives, such as methylchloroisothiazolinone and methylisothiazolinone, can trigger allergic responses and irritate your eyes and nose. They can be found in the Moisture Boost Conditioner and the Healing Mask.
Should You Purchase Items from Pantene’s Gold Series?
We advise you to test Pantene’s Gold Series products based on the components they contain. Nonetheless, if you do, you should bear the following in mind:
- Look at the list of ingredients. Use a deep-cleansing or clarifying shampoo on occasion to get rid of the chemical from your hair if the product contains dimethicone. If you don’t, the dimethicone may gradually accumulate on your hair, resulting in fragile, chronically dry strands.
- You can always avoid a product if it contains a component you typically avoid. If you’re worried about how certain chemicals will affect your hair, follow your own personal natural hair rules and refrain from using them. Women who want to avoid dimethicone frequently worry about things like hair loss (also known as “hair fall” in some cultures), hair thinning, breaking, and brittle hair.
Pantene Uses Well Researched Ingredients
Pantene uses some incredible ingredients, especially in their Nutrient Blends, Generational Beauty, and Truly lines, which is a great positive.
These collections include components like rice water, biotin, jojoba oil, coconut oil, and others. These components have all been thoroughly investigated and shown to be advantageous for hair.
Pantene’s unique Pro-V Mix, which includes lipids, antioxidants, Vitamin B5, and other plant extracts, is featured in their other lines. For the healthiest possible hair, these nutrients help to nourish, mend, and strengthen hair.
The scientists and specialists at Pantene are committed to developing products that are both secure and efficient. Before using an ingredient in one of their goods, they thoroughly examine it.
Overall, it appears that Pantene’s Gold Series products are made to address the issues faced by men and women with curly hair. Also, the only way to find out if they will be effective for you is to give them a shot!
User testimonials for Pantene’s products for curly hair
You should also read the available user reviews to determine whether a hair care product is right for you. Consumer reviews of the product could provide insightful information.
Most Pantene consumers with curly hair were happy with their outcomes, according to customer feedback. All of the goods discussed in this post are rated quite highly according to thousands of online reviews, which is a positive indicator!
Nonetheless, each product has a few unfavorable reviews, demonstrating that while a product could work well for one individual, it might not for another. Yet, the majority of customers are content with the Gold Series goods overall, which include shampoo and conditioner.
In conclusion, Pantene’s Gold Series products are designed for those with curls but still contain some dubious substances. These shampoos and conditioners are by no means “poor,” especially when you take into account the small number of curly girl products available in the hair care sector.
Nevertheless, other hair treatments from the brand, including ones that are marketed toward those with curls, are not designed for those with tightly curled hair. Hence, our recommendation is to try the Gold Series products if you’d like to, but to ignore the others.