Sunny Summer Pictures – Pictures
Sprout’s Green Family asked me to be one of this weeks co-hosts for Sprout’s Green Blog Hop. This week the topic is natural ways to stay cool and beat the summer heat.
I have a little bit of experience with staying cool without an AC, last summer ours went out and let me tell you it wasn’t pleasant. But we managed and learned of other ways to stay cool.
1. Keep a wash cloth with cold water on it handy, put it on your forehead, face, neck, arms, legs, etc… This is a very simple and effective way of staying cool
2. Of course, my favorite way to stay cool in the summer is a dip in the pool, river or lake
3. Wear lightweight clothing
4. Close your blinds, shades and curtains
5. Use lotion or oil with peppermint essential oils, it has a cooling effect
What are other things you utilize to help you and family stay cool in the summer?